Friday, September 17, 2010

Reactions to 9/11 movie

This video that we watched the past two class periods in my opinion sent a very strong message to me. I never really realized how much people came together in that time of horror or even just fear. I kind of remember what I was doing that day and what I was thinking but I can say it was not even close to what those two kids that were saying at the end of the video. When the people were saying things back and forth to each other I was really paying attention to if their arugements made sense and I was trying to figure out why they were arguing rather than embracing each other. It was almost like all of the pent up rage and saddness that came down on New York came out in those arugements and then at the end everyone was hugging. No one really knew where to funnel the emotions they were feeling. Many of the people who were there at ground zero cleaning up saw things that they have never seen before. That one guy said he has never seen  body parts seperate from the body like that. He said that there were heads, arms, legs, feet, etc... getting pulled out of the debris. This video really changed my mind about how I thought about 9/11 and how I think about what people should have or could have been saying that day. Although it was hard on the whole country many people came together and got through it with the hope and compassion of the men and women that fought to clean everything up.

No comments:

Post a Comment